Yield: Approx. 4 dozen
|AP flour||2 ½ c|
|Mesquite flour||1 c|
|Baking powder||1 t|
|Baking soda||1 t|
|Sea salt, finely ground||1 t|
|Butter, room temperature||1 c|
|Eggs, large, room temperature||3 ea.|
|Vanilla extract||2 t|
|Chocolate chips||2 c|
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a sheet tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flours, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a stand mixer bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, until completely combined, stopping and scraping the bowl between each egg. (Dough will be stiff.)
- Add the dry ingredients in three batches, incorporating well with each addition.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by the spoonful on the sheet tray. Do not crowd. Size of cookie will determine length of time in the oven. (Approximately 10 minutes for a 2 teaspoon amount of cookie dough.) Do not overbake.
- Once out of the oven, tap the cookies lightly with the back of a spoon to flatten slightly. Let cool on the sheet tray for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.